Peter Gadiot is the male lead of the USA Network series Queen of the South. He is known for playing Cyrus in Once Upon A Time In Wonderland, KA in Tut, Dave in Another Girl, Stephen in 13HRS, Ceasar in Matador, Mister Mxyzptlk in SuperGirl, Toby in The Forbidden Girl, Adam in Yellowjackets. His participation in One Piece as Shanks is highly anticipated.
Peter is currently starring as Shanks, the red hair pirate, in One Piece.
Peter has a good theater presence. He portrayed Petrucio in The Taming of the Shrew for the DC Shakespeare Theater Company in 2017 among other roles on stage in NYC as well as during his formal acting training in the Drama Center in London.
He won the 2017 Imagen Award for Best Supporting Actor – Television for his presentation of James Valdez in USA Networks Queen of the South. He was nominated in the same category again in 2018.
Peter Gadiot was born in the UK to a Dutch father and a Mexican mother. He trained at the Drama Centre in London. He's from West Sussex and his father used to live in Michigan.
- His last name is pronounced "GAD-YO."
- He is an advocate against slavery and human trafficking. He once rowed across the Atlantic Ocean from the Canary Isles to Barbados, a three thousand mile journey. He and his team left in early January and arrived in mid February of 2010. It took them 38 days, 11 hours, 7 minutes, and 20 seconds...
- Peter is an environmentalist and a nature lover. He has taken part in cleaning crews in the Amazon.
- He doesn't like watching himself on TV...
- He loves theatre and acting onstage. He portrayed Petrucio in The Taming of the Shrew for the DC Shakespeare Theater Company in 2017 among other roles on stage in NYC as well as during his formal acting training in the Drama Center in London.
- His favorite TV show is ChuckleVision. He also enjoys Black Mirror, which is 'probs the best TV show [he's] seen' and thinks that Who Is America is 'funny, incredible and terrifying.'He listens to a lot of music genres but thinks that it's hard to beat the level of artistry that classical music possesses. He has tweeted about listening to Lullaby by The Cure. and Show Me Love by Robin S.
- Though he would like to work with many directors, he thinks that Steve McQueen may be the most interesting director out there.
- Peter loves to do his own stunts when allowed. This may have led to him breaking his hand in the fall of 2018.
- He usually has his hair cut on set rather than outside.
- He says that the Gadiots originated in the south western province of France - Aquitaine.
- In November of 2017, he tweeted that Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri was 'probably the best' movie that he'd seen that year so far.
- He has been pescatarian since 2012 as a sign of protest against the environmental effects of the beef raising industry.
- His brother is a pilot.
- Peter considered soccer as a professional carrier but gave up due to a knee injury.
- Peter's resume states that he can speak 11 accents of the English language and Mexican Spanish.
On Queen of the South
- "...everything you see in the frame has been chosen on purpose" in response to a question on whether or not James' lighter colored outfits [in season 3] were on purpose.
- When asked what he'd like to know about James's backstory, Peter said that he'd like to know the first time that he took a life.
- In response to a question on which scene was the most difficult to film, he that it was very physically demanding to pretend to be electrocuted over and over again, in reference to his scene in Sacar Con Sifón el Mar.
- Peter tweeted that the reason that James is so loyal to Camila is because loyalty is in his blood.
- Peter said that he and Cortez don't have history besides Cortez electrocuting James.