Pote Galvez is a trusted friend of Teresa Mendoza and serves as her sicario.
In a flashback, it is shown that his father taught him how to shoot at a young age.3x02
His brother had a pet weasel when he was young. One night, the weasel clawed out one of his eyes and ate it.3x03
Pote is a man of few words. As Camila says, he's never one to kiss ass.2x01 Like James, he is a loyal person, and is very protective of Teresa.
Pote is an experienced sicario and started shooting at a very young age, thanks to his father.
He is also a talented chef. Teresa wants him to have a restaurant in the new strip mall she plans to build.
- Camila Vargas: Pote was Camila's cook and did other cartel-related work for her, including killing his mentor, after he followed Teresa to the Texas cartel. He left Camila's service when Teresa did.
- Teresa Mendoza: After Teresa let him live, Pote found himself on her side of things more and more often. He followed her to Camila's side of the cartel. When Teresa broke off from Camila, Pote followed her to Malta. After his hand is injured, he tells Teresa that he might not be able to shoot anymore, but he can take a bullet for her. Pote accompanies Teresa to New Orleans where she gifts him a house and hopes that someday he will have his own restaurant.
- James Valdez: Pote displays obvious distrust and dislike of James after he sides with Camila in season 2, but begins to warm up to James after he saves Teresa's life when he couldn't.3x03 Pote accused James of being the mole.3x11 He tells James that he's going to miss him before he leaves.
- Brenda Parra: Pote and Cesar are sent by Epifaño to hunt down Brenda so that they can find Teresa.1x02 He was there when Brenda's husband was killed.
- Tony Parra: Pote is protective of Tony because he is Teresa's godson. When Tony calls Teresa and tells her that he's in danger in Season 4, Pote is sent to retrieve him. When Tony finds out that Pote and Gato were sent to kill his dad, Tony wants to kill him. Pote is accepting of this.
- Epifaño Vargas: Pote was part of Epifaño's inner circle along with Guero, Gato, and Batman. He leaves his services when he realizes that Epifaño was going to let him die to protect himself.
- Kelly Anne Van Awken: Pote is initially annoyed with Kelly Anne, but after Kelly Anne saves his life, he allows her to hug him and calls her family. Pote is upset to learn that Kelly Anne was the mole, and James offers to kill her for him. As he walks away, hears a gunshot and believes her to be dead. As is revealed in Un Asunto de Familia, James actually let her go. Pote tries to drop her off in front of a church and let her disappear, but Kelly Anne goes back to New Orleans with him and Tony. There, she stays at his house with Tony.
- Gato: Gato was Pote's partner but Pote thinks that Gato 'got what he deserved' when Teresa killed him.
- El Puño: El Puño trained Pote and made him godfather to his daughter. Camila has him use the information Pote has on him to kill him.
- Guero Davilas: Pote and James buried Guero after his death.
Notable Injuries Edit
- Pote is beaten by Camila's men and they crush his hand, causing it to be painful to use and hindering his ability as a sicario.3x02
- Alice Braga refers to Pote as a sort of guardian angel for Teresa.
- Due to his panting after climbing a few flights of stairs, it can be assumed that he is not used to being athletic.
- He says that he's trying to lose a few pounds while eating a salad, and then takes Teresa's plate and says that he'll start tomorrow2x03.
- Ryan O'Nan tweeted, "We keep all the nicknames characters call each other on that character’s turf. No one else is allowed to call Teresa “Teresita” but Pote.
- Seeing what's happening to my friends, and you letting me live, it's more than that pinche cabron Epifaño would ever do for me. Teresa, you don't need to hold a gun on me.1x13
- The heart will kill you faster than a bullet.2x13
- James: You should know that my intentions with Teresa are good.
- Pote: You proposing? I'm not her father.3x03